Saturday, September 24, 2011

actually been a-reading!



So it was back to work this week with me (boo!) but boy have I felt refreshed and re-energized!

AND On my week off I actually got to go and browse our local library (oh squeal!) Since I was a little kid I have always love the library and can you believe the last time I got to visit was grabbing some books to take on our honeymoon back in Nov last year!?!



Here is the somewhat random selection I picked up this time ... there not brand new or best sellers just books that grabbed my eye and might interested you too ...





1. Jamie Durie Patio - cause who doesn't love a bit of Jamie and the magic he can work in exterior spaces!!? This would make the perfect coffee table book and has actually been on my book depository wish list for awhile now along with the outdoor room and inspired!

This book has some really great ideas which I am eagerly filing away for the day we have our own outdoor space and not just a teeny tiny balcony to call out own :)

random side note: Anyone else really miss Backyard Blitz!! Morgan I may NEED this...



 
2. A Slice of Organic Life

There is so much useful information in the book about choosing to live more organically that I think I might have to put it on loan again. I really have a passion inside me to not only eat but to live more organically and have more knowledge on the products we use daily. 



3. Squeezed 250 juices + smoothies

Another re loan I think. We love our freshly squeezed juices around here, especially on the weekends when we actually have the time to make them! and with summer just around the corner I am excited at all the fruit opportunities that are coming. This book kinda won me over with it's lovely food photography (anyone else a sucker for pictures of yummy food?) and oh look husband I may have just added this book to my wishlist :)



4 + 5. Some fiction reading for the train

Lucy's Kiss and The Preachers Bride.

I've only just started Lucy's Kiss so I have no idea yet but The Preachers Bride was an easy read. It is based on the story of John Bunyan (who wrote Pilgrims Process) but it kinda made me sad as it really showcases the treatment of women and persecution of those who were trying to preach the gospel (unlicensed) in England during the 1600s.



SO what have you guys been reading - anything fun to recommend for my next trip to the library?